Thursday, 27 October 2016

Two altered dolls Heads for Halloween

I brought two Brats doll heads from my local charity shop for 79p each . I had a project in mine & I thought at that price if it didn't work out I've not lost much.
 When I got them home I went straight to garage to find a small hack saw & the hand drill for later on .
First job was to add false nails to the dolls which I brought a box of 100 from the 99p shop.
when the nails were dry I attacked the dolls with a drill 7 hack saw then gave them a coat of Black acrylic paint .
I the dolls dry & them sponge grey acrylic piant on the face, arms &body prats that were showing.
 Here are my finished dolls .  I think they will look good in my garden. this year.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Halloween Tombstone #2

This is Tombstone Number two which I've made from a Polystyrene box.
I glued the lid onto the box & placed two half bricks inside so that this would help it to stay in place in the garden & not blow away because polystyrene is so light .
Using black acrylic paint I  gave the box its first coat of paint .
With I small file which I found in our garage I dug away at the polystyrene to make it look like it was well weathered & added a date . 

 When I was happy with what I'd done I gave the box a second coat of  black paint.

To make the box look a little more like stone  I sponge over everything with grey paint .
I had another box & used the just the lid this time & gave it the same paint treatment but this time carved the words Dead & Gone.
I made a cut in the top of the box so that the lid slots in & can be removed a  later day if need be.
This project didn't cost me anything as the two boxes were found dumped in a layby.   

Monday, 24 October 2016

Halloween Tombstones

This year I wanted to add more Halloween things to our garden & thought I would have a go at making my own & plus help to keep the cost down when decorating the garden & hopefully should last longer then some of these shop brought ones.
I started with a thick piece of an old chipboard shelf which was in my husbands garage which I gave a coat of white undercoat.
I then attached some rope with small tacks . 
I had a polystyrene circle which came from a pizza base & the mask I got from the works for £1.
I filled the back of the mask with newspaper & then screwed on & then added some more rope around this. 
Once everything had been glued & tacked down in place I them  used black acrylic paint all over the tomb . 
 The next and final steps was to lightly sponge over the tombstone  acrylic grey & sliver metallic paint .
I'm pleased with my first attempt with the tombstone & will be posting more things that I've made all this week so stay tuned in for more DIY Halloween projects.

Thursday, 20 October 2016

Halloween Matchbox Swap

I've took part in a matchbox swap with a couple of crafting friends.
We thought we would have a Halloween theme for them.
We used the large cooks matchbox.
I painted mine black to start of with. I used some recollections Halloween paper to decorate the front & inside the box.  
 The feet I got from Asda a couple of years ago so I already had them in my stash & though they would be perfect to place on top of my box. The bats were cut with a Sizzix die in black card then glitter glue was put on top.
 The inside draw I used a printed image ,  tim Holtzs charm & some recollections embellishments  .
 Here is the draw & box cover side by side.
I ended up altering two boxes because my friends grand daughter like what we were doing & wanted to join in . Bless her she is 8yrs old.
This is the one I made for her

Thursday, 6 October 2016

October Tag Swap

These are my tags for the tag swap on
The theme for October is anything with wings.
As i'm a big Halloween fan I used Bats for this theme & tried not to make them scary as I know Halloween is not everyone's cup of tea.
I've used a Halloween paper by Recollections.
My embellishment s are acetate stickers & flock stickers by Martha Stewart . 

Wednesday, 5 October 2016

October postcard swap

The postcard swap on ukstampers this month has the theme of Autumn .
Here is my entry for the swap.
The colours I've used on my postcard are Tim Holtzs distress inks for my back ground & the leaves .
The inks are Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, & Mowed Lawn.
The stamps used are by Stampendous.
Autumn is one of my favourite  seasons just when the leaves on the trees are turning from green to red & orange & you get the sunlight shining on & through the leaves which is a delight to see before the leaves fall from the trees.