Thursday, 29 March 2012


I made three tags for a swap i'm taking part in over on ukscrapper. There was no theme so we were told we could do anything that springs to mind.
I was flicking through Janaury's Craft stamper & found a project called Ghosting Journal page by Kate Crane, with excellent step by step instructions & guide on how she made two pages for her journal.
I had the same PaperArtsy stamps that Kate had used so i thought i would see if i could follow her instructions to make my tags .
Here is my end result , and would like to thank Kate Crane for excellent gudie in craft stamper.
For the back ground i used Dylusions ink spray , Lemon zest & London Blue. The wording back ground was stamped using Distress ink Broken china, & Wild Honey
With a small paint brush i coloured the crown & steampunk bird with wild honey & broken china distress ink .The tape measure & couloured part of the cog are also in wild honey.

Thursday, 22 March 2012

Matchbox shrine Recieved

Look what i recieved in the post this morning.
Is'nt it lovely it's from Lexi the lady who had to make an alter matchbox shrine for me over on ukscrappers.
I love the little curled flowers & after seeing these i've got to give them a go now.
My little box is beautifully decorated, so thank you lexi i love it.

Wednesday, 21 March 2012


How time fly's when you've been having fun.
It's time again to do some blog hopping to see what everyone has been up to since last week.
I'll be going to Julia's place to join in the fun with What's on your Work desk Wendesday, so why not come with me to Julia's

So here's what's on mine

This is my Altered bottle. I got the idea from watching a youtube video by RachO113, her art work is fab.
The bottle i kept from christmas it was a miniture bottle of brandy .
I coved it in moulding paste which i think i might have used a bit to much because it took nearly 3 days to dry. When you put it on it's white then as it dry's it goes clear. While the paste was drying i added a face i had made from Fimo in a mould.
When dried i painted the bottle with black acrylic & left this to dry .

With a sponge i dabbed over the black paint with silver metalic acrylic paint & lightly went over the face with gold acrylic paint.

I finished the bottle of with some old chain & broken bits of jewellery that i had saved in the hope that i would find a use for them.

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Scrapbook Lo

Over on ukscrappers there is a weekly challenge to create a layout with set themes. This weeks challenge was to use these items in your Lo , sewing/fabric/ribbon, spring colours, & Food.

Monday, 19 March 2012

Scrapbook Lo

Here's a Lo i did using paper by K&Co . Last summer we brought a play house for our Grandson, it was a real hit with him .

Wednesday, 14 March 2012


Firstly i want to thank Julia who makes all things possible for us all to go snooping into other peoples lives & desks every week by hosting Whats on Your Work desk Wendesday & for my woyww badge.
Well for me it's another Art Journal page .
I did have a good tidy up before adding a little bit of doodling to my page that's why it's so clean, but i had been messy honestly i have.
I got myself a small pot of mouding paste & had a play with it for this page, i used it on the top & bottom using it over a honeycomb stencil . I used the same stencil over the page with acrylic paint. The yellow stems are from Paperartsy .
Happy Crafting to you all & i hope Wednesday is a good day for all.

Monday, 12 March 2012

Scrapbook LO

It's been a while since i've done some real scrapbooking . I've quite a few pictures i want to use  so i thought it was time to get a move on & do some scrapbooking again.
I've made a start with a double page LO of Christmas just gone .

Wednesday, 7 March 2012


Happy Wendesday everyone .
Come with me & join in the fun thats happening over at What's On Your Workdesk Wendesday  at Julia's place.
I've nothing of intrested on my desk today because everything has been put away after a good tidy up.
However i can show you what was  hanging  over my desk yesterday before it went in the mail.
As some will know i've been making a matchbox shrine for a swap i've been in over on uk scrappers.
I have finished it now so i thought you might want to see the finished result.
The hanging frame for the matchbox was cut using an on the edge die .
You would not believe how many times i had stamped the image of the bee on the bottle with black stazon but i got there in the end . I had to use a cotton bud to add the yellow on the bee. I half filled the bottle with some tiny beads i had. In the large bottle cap i put some matching paper which i had used to cover the front of the box, stamped the bee on some ascetate, & placed it on top of the paper.
The butterfly tag is a Graphic 45 one.

 Here is a side view of the shrine.

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Art Journal page

Just a quick art page from me today.
Looking at this now i wished i'd stamped the Paper Artsy leaves in a different colour and not black. The butterflies & the flowers have been cut out from some Graphic 45 tags. I used my Posca paint pen to doodle the tendrils.