Friday 1 August 2014

Summer is here , Art Journal page

I've just finished a summery journal page & thought i's share  how it was made.
To start with I used Studio acrylic paint on my page & applied it with a baby wipe. 

I had this paper serviette which I wanted to use because it just reminds me of summer.
I tore it into strips & laid it out making sure I was happy with it before sticking it all down using Mod Podge glue.
When my page was dry i used brushed over my page with a little watered down yellow acrylic paint, the same i had used as my base coat. I then added a boarder around my page using Black Archival ink. 
Next using Dylusions solid & open leaf stamps I stamped the leaves in Emerald Green  Archival ink
I've used mainly Dylusions stamps for my summer page.
The words "summer is here" at the bottom of my page was stamped with Monarch Orange ink & everything else has been stamped with the black.
The images I'm thinking of using have been  stamped onto paper. I use a thick paper so that i can use my whisper pens to colour in the images. 
Here we are,  this is my finished summery page.
With all the hot weather we've had recently it's made all the bugs come out .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment