Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Halloween configurations box

I've had a Configuration box  hanging about since last year & thought it was time i got on & did something with it. I toyed with the idea of  a Christmas themed configuration box,  but then  i changed my mind & went for a Halloween theme instead.
Be warned this post is quite picture heavy.

Below is how it all come together. 
I made a start painting the boxes with black acrylic paint. When that was dry i used a a very small amount of Silver metallic acrylic paint & lightly went over the black so that it gave the boxes a metal look. 

When i had decided how & where the boxes were going to be placed i used two sheets of scrapbook paper called Midnight Magic from Recollections . Its a pity that the photo doesn't puck up the lovely glitter on the black pattern paper because it's so lovely.
I've placed three boxes on the outside of the main box to make it bigger & also to give it a different look . I used Tim Holtzs metal feet embellishments to raise the box of the desk but then i was faced with a problem of no support in the middle of the box. I solved this problem by using three wooden cotton reels & painted them the same why as i did the boxes.
I glued the boxes in place & used a few pegs to hold them in position . 
The next stage to completing my box was easy . I had lots of Halloween things that i had been buying over the last couple of years from places like Asda & Wilkinsons & other shops. I buy things in the sale & put them away to use for the following year in treat bags & anything else i can think of.
So hear is the finished box.

Bottles have been filled with  skulls that were from a bracelet i brought from a charity shop. Old beads i had in a drawer, metal punch out scraps my friend Sue gives me & the little white ghost are from a sequin pack from Wilkinson that brought last year.
More painted cotton reels With a Pumpkin boarder wrapped round & orange ribbon.
This large skull i find in a seaside shop in Shanklin on the isle of Wight & paid the grand sum of £1.50. I added black beads for eyes.
The clock face is from an old watch & placed inside a bottle cap. The broom i picked up in a craft shop & had for a while.
The skeletons have had littel gems added for their eyes.


  1. Wow this is a stunning piece of work.I love it and am now following to see more!If you have time,nip over to Sarah Hurley's-we're running a Halloween challenge and this would be perfect!

  2. What an awesome creepy creation!
    Thanks so much for playin’ along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our next challenge that begins Saturday! We hope you’ll play along!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
    Kaymin Kreations

  3. Jill this is darling! I love it!
    Rosey x

  4. Wow, what a fabulous and detailed project. I love it. Thank you for sharing with us at PCJ Challenge.

  5. This is fantastic, love it, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
    C xx

  6. Wow - that is amazing! My little boy would love this - he's very into spooky now that he's a big 5 year old school boy lol :)