Friday 18 November 2016

Christmas Tissue Box covers

I've been busy making some tissue box covers recently .
My first tissue box cover was made using green card & decorating it with Christmas scrapbook paper , a high hopes stamped image,  felt tree & wooden snow flake.
I got the pattern for this cover from youtube .

 Next I knitted up three tissue box covers using squares with a moss stitch pattern.
The cover pattern I made up myself which is pretty simple when just using squares & sewing together .
For my decoration on these a knitted a black band for the middle and added stitched on a gold pipe cleaner to make it look like a buckle .
with some white fluffy wool I knitted another band to placed around the bottom of the cover.
The only things I used a pattern for on these covers were to knit the robin, holly leaves & berries, & pine cones, that came in a knitting booklet by Jean Greenhowe.




5 comments:

  1. what a great idea, they look lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful! I'm just learning to knit. Something like that seems a long way away lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing projects, love the knitted details you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the knitted covers.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the knitted covers! Super, smashing, lovely! Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete