Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Altered word Love

I found this yesterday in the Cancer research shop for a £1 . It was a little scratch in places but that didn't matter because i knew with a little paint i could change it.The original color was off white so i started going around the outside with paperartsy Pumpkin soup acrylic paint.
 I gave the out side  two coats of pumpkin soup & when that was dry i applied Guacamole acrylic paint to the front.
the front was given a second coat also . I dabbed the paint on with sponge & very carefully with the sponge wiped over it , this way i found there is no brush marks & gives a nice smooth finish.
I found a butterfly in my stash that i'd already distressed at some point. 
To this with a sponge again i wiped over the with Guacamole & Pumpkin soup to make the butterfly match the word . 
When dried i painted on Sparkle mod pod which gives it a lovely sparkle & add three gold gems.
It's a same the picture does not pick up the lovely sparkle .


  1. It looks great!Amazing what a bit of paint and a butterfly can do!

  2. Just lovely! I love a bargain!
    Sue x

  3. What a bargain and I love the transformation :)

  4. That is lovely....I do like an altered home decoration! X