Thursday 4 July 2013

Canvas

My canvas is 11 x 9 inches.
I started by putting on a thin coat of gesso on my canvas. Then i mixed a little water with Paperartsy acrylic paint Pumpkin soup & Guacamole, & with a fairly large brush i used sweeping stokes up & down to give me  my base colour.
Once dry i then used Viva Terra , Terracotta through a Dylusions stencil around the sides which gives a lovely raised surface. Viva Terra drys very quickly so i didn't have to wait to long to stippled over it with Pansy & Very Berry acrylic paint from Paperarsty.
On a piece of Grunge paper a sprayed Dylusion spray ink Squeezed  Lemon, Bubblegum Pink , Lemon Zest  & Distress stain Shabby Shutter. I used a flower & leaf stamp from Paperartsy to make my grunge rose & petals. The smaller flowers were made from a small stamp i had. 
The round sliver things are from my friend Sue & are made when having to punch holes into metal . The chip board butterfly has had a little distress crackle on & dabbed with acrylic paint. The words is a Tim Holtzs stamp which has been stamped on a chip board shape which was already decorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment