Wednesday 14 December 2011

Woywdw 132

I've been decorating a candle which will sit on the table for christmas.
Here is how i got the stamped images on the candle.
I brought a white candle & had some white tissue paper which i had saved from inside a parcel earlier in the year.
I used Green Tea versa color, Galexy Gold Brilliance inks & Red Sekura gelly roll pen.
The stamps i used are made by Inkadinkado.
I stamped my images onto the white tissue paper & with the red gelly roll pen i added the berries.
This takes no time at all to dry but i left it for 15mins just to be on the safe side, as i've done in the past when i'd done this.
Cut around your stamped images & then one image at a time position this image on the candle.
With a crafters heat gun i carefully used it to very slightly melt the wax which makes the tissue paper wet . This only takes a few seconds to do this with the heat gun & when the wax sets again all your left with is your stamped image & you can't see the tissue paper.
I discoved how to do this on youtube a few years ago. So if your one of those many lovely people who show how  to do this i thank you all.
Here is my finished candle

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your candle !This year i havent made any dont know why last year i was bommbed out with requestd for them at the craft fairs,But havent done one this year due to health.
    Im sure will look lovely on your table
    hugs judex 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty way to decorate a plain candle. Happy WOYWW,

    ReplyDelete
  3. great looking candle! I tried the YouTube video a couple years ago and melted my candle down! I am thinking of just using my blow dryer do you think it would get hot enough? Thanks for sharing! Have a great week and Happy Holidays! Vickie #35

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning; thought I'd pop in to say Hi quickly. Hope you have a fabulous and creative week. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us today.
    Neil #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful candle. I have tried this before and was told to roll the candle to embed the tissue but your looks great as it is.
    Ann B
    #27

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your candle!!
    Have a great creative Wednesday!!

    Hugs Marleen #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so clever!! What a great way of getting your designs onto the wax - probably works out a lot cheaper too.
    Hugs, LLJ #34 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that candle art is simply beautiful and will look so graceful on the Christmas table,

    dx (90)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, I will try this out, thank you for sharing, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...that is so pretty and really so easy to do. Thank you for the great gift idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am soooo going to do this... thanks for showing us how and doing such a beautiful example to inspire us.... wonderful...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty hun
    Bit late getting on this week due to various disasters, but belated happy WOYWW
    Lou #102

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clever way to "transfer" an image to a candle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your finished candle is lovely ... I like the way you've coloured the image. I had a go at doing this recently and it really is easier than it looks and they do make nice presents. Have a good week. Elizabeth x #66

    ReplyDelete