I brought two Brats doll heads from my local charity shop for 79p each . I had a project in mine & I thought at that price if it didn't work out I've not lost much.
First job was to add false nails to the dolls which I brought a box of 100 from the 99p shop.
when the nails were dry I attacked the dolls with a drill 7 hack saw then gave them a coat of Black acrylic paint .
I the dolls dry & them sponge grey acrylic piant on the face, arms &body prats that were showing.
Here are my finished dolls . I think they will look good in my garden. this year.
Thursday, 27 October 2016
Tuesday, 25 October 2016
This is Tombstone Number two which I've made from a Polystyrene box.
I glued the lid onto the box & placed two half bricks inside so that this would help it to stay in place in the garden & not blow away because polystyrene is so light .
Using black acrylic paint I gave the box its first coat of paint .
With I small file which I found in our garage I dug away at the polystyrene to make it look like it was well weathered & added a date .
To make the box look a little more like stone I sponge over everything with grey paint .
I had another box & used the just the lid this time & gave it the same paint treatment but this time carved the words Dead & Gone.
I made a cut in the top of the box so that the lid slots in & can be removed a later day if need be.
This project didn't cost me anything as the two boxes were found dumped in a layby.
Monday, 24 October 2016
This year I wanted to add more Halloween things to our garden & thought I would have a go at making my own & plus help to keep the cost down when decorating the garden & hopefully should last longer then some of these shop brought ones.
I started with a thick piece of an old chipboard shelf which was in my husbands garage which I gave a coat of white undercoat.
I then attached some rope with small tacks .
I had a polystyrene circle which came from a pizza base & the mask I got from the works for £1.
I filled the back of the mask with newspaper & then screwed on & then added some more rope around this.
Once everything had been glued & tacked down in place I them used black acrylic paint all over the tomb .
I'm pleased with my first attempt with the tombstone & will be posting more things that I've made all this week so stay tuned in for more DIY Halloween projects.
Thursday, 20 October 2016
I've took part in a matchbox swap with a couple of crafting friends.
We thought we would have a Halloween theme for them.
We used the large cooks matchbox.
I painted mine black to start of with. I used some recollections Halloween paper to decorate the front & inside the box.
I ended up altering two boxes because my friends grand daughter like what we were doing & wanted to join in . Bless her she is 8yrs old.
This is the one I made for her
Thursday, 6 October 2016
These are my tags for the tag swap on ukscrappers.co.uk.
The theme for October is anything with wings.
As i'm a big Halloween fan I used Bats for this theme & tried not to make them scary as I know Halloween is not everyone's cup of tea.
My embellishment s are acetate stickers & flock stickers by Martha Stewart .
Wednesday, 5 October 2016
The postcard swap on ukstampers this month has the theme of Autumn .
Here is my entry for the swap.
The inks are Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, & Mowed Lawn.
The stamps used are by Stampendous.
Autumn is one of my favourite seasons just when the leaves on the trees are turning from green to red & orange & you get the sunlight shining on & through the leaves which is a delight to see before the leaves fall from the trees.